- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
2 c. blanched almond flour
4 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
2 tbsp. honey
dash of salt
1 3/4 c. chopped pecans
1/3 c. maple syrup
1 – 2 tbsp. honey, if desired
1/4 c. coconut oil
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. flaxseed meal
1/2 tsp. tapioca starch (could use arrowroot to make grain free)
2 tbsp. nut milk (or whatever kind of milk you want)
Salt for pecans
1. To make crust, turn oven to 350F and line with parchment paper or grease an 8×8″ pan.
2. Mix ingredients in a medium sized bowl until combined.
3. Press into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until the crust starts to turn brown. Remove from
oven and allow to cool.
4. For the filling: In a small-medium sized pot, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, honey and
5. Bring pot up to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes, whisking it frequently. (The coconut oil and
sweeteners will not mix very much as one is polar and the other is not. Don’t worry as the nut milk slurry
will act as an emulsifier.)
6. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. (I stuck mine in the fridge for 10 – 15 minutes,
giving it the occasional stir to prevent any coconut oil from hardening.)
7. Meanwhile, toast the pecans in a pan on medium heat for about 5 – 8 minutes or until they smell like
roasted pecans, stirring frequently. Once toasted, remove from heat and sprinkle with salt.
8. In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed meal, tapioca starch and nut milk. Let it sit for a few minutes.
9. Once the sugar-oil mixture is cooler, whisk in the nut milk mixture until combined and smooth.
10. Mix in the chopped pecans and mix until combined. Pour onto the cooled shortbread and distribute
11. Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until the filling begins to set and loses its shine. Remove from
oven and place on cooling rack.
12. Before serving, chill in the fridge for at least an hour – the colder they are, the easier they are to cut and
Sign Up Today!
|Monday||9am - 5:30pm|
|Tuesday||9am - 5:30pm|
|Wednesday||9am - 5:30pm|
|Thursday||9am - 5:30pm|
|Friday||9am - 12:30pm|
|9am - 5:30pm||9am - 5:30pm||9am - 5:30pm||9am - 5:30pm||9am - 12:30pm||Closed||Closed|