Author: Jenn Laughlin via Peas and Crayons
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- Hearty drizzle of olive oil [approx 1-2 TBSP]
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2-3 TBSP honey [or extra, to taste]
- ¼ cup finely crumbled feta
- Ground cinnamon, to taste [optional but delicious!]
- Fresh or dried parsley, to garnish [optional]
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Lightly drizzle or spritz a baking sheet with olive oil
- Add cubed squash to the sheet along with another drizzle of olive oil
- Sprinkle with a light layer of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, based on taste preference
- Roast at 400 F for 25 minutes on the center rack
- At the 25 minute mark, pull out the oven rack, and add your fresh cranberries to the roasting pan
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cranberries have started to soften and burst a bit, resembling really juicy craisins vs fresh firm cranberries.
- Remove from oven and add a sprinkle of cinnamon [approx ⅛-1/4 tsp depending on preference] along with feta and honey. I listed the honey measurements I used, but depending on whether you used fresh cranberries or dried, sweeten to taste.
- Garnish with parsley for a burst of color and dig in while it's hot!